Kia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3 V6 SXL AWD
4 Posts
I just received a free update on my Sorento 2019, I just wrote in line 2020. I downloaded and installed, everything works, I'm happy))). The firmware version is the same for Sorento 2019-2020 ..... Use it for anyone who needs it )

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
679 Posts
I just received a free update on my Sorento 2019, I just wrote in line 2020. I downloaded and installed, everything works, I'm happy))). The firmware version is the same for Sorento 2016-2020 ..... Use it for anyone who needs it )
That is incorrect. The 2016-2018 have the same system (Gen 4). 2019-2020 have a different system (Gen 5). Firmware and map is not compatible between the 2.

·
Registered
USA 2019 Sorento SXL V6 AWD
20 Posts
I just received a free update on my Sorento 2019, I just wrote in line 2020. I downloaded and installed, everything works, I'm happy))). The firmware version is the same for Sorento 2019-2020 ..... Use it for anyone who needs it )
Brilliant! And a little bit sneaky. And I like it!

Been waiting for this free download, hasn't come yet for my 2019 even though promised, lo and behold you can say you have a 2020, enter your 2019 VIN, and you can get the download. Thanks man!

Just getting the file is rather lengthy and cumbersome but downloading straight to car's sd card right now.

So no duplicate file bug?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3 V6 SXL AWD
4 Posts
No problem with the "no duplicate file bug?"

The card will be automatically formatted and a new firmware will be recorded.
For temporary unpacking of files, the program will take approximately 25GB on disk "С"

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
353 Posts
No problem with the "no duplicate file bug?"

The card will be automatically formatted and a new firmware will be recorded.
For temporary unpacking of files, the program will take approximately 25GB on disk "С"
tried just now at update.kia.com/us/en still getting the available soon message when hitting the download button

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
353 Posts
Wrong link.

Try this one
Thanks for the good link.

Got it all done, works good. Even survived a 10 min power outage after 70% partial download. Had to hunt down and run the program again, but it started where it left off.
Took quite a while in the driveway waiting for all the installation phases.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
353 Posts
Only annoyance I've found (not found actually) is a way to cancel a route once enabled.
Fix is to figure out another close place on your route and let it nav to it.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
This update mentions updates to the Carplay/Android Auto software in the release notes. I have a 2017 with no nav, have the Carplay/Android Auto, will this update work for me or do I need to look elsewhere? Has anyone applied via USB not SD?

·
Registered
679 Posts
This update mentions updates to the Carplay/Android Auto software in the release notes. I have a 2017 with no nav, have the Carplay/Android Auto, will this update work for me or do I need to look elsewhere? Has anyone applied via USB not SD?
This update is only for systems with navigation. The maps are stored on the SD Card which remains in the car. No card = no navigation so there is no USB option.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
This update is only for systems with navigation. The maps are stored on the SD Card which remains in the car. No card = no navigation so there is no USB option.
Dont' care about the maps, just need the OS update. The coming soon one on the Kia site mentions USB option, I guess I just wait for that.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Dont' care about the maps, just need the OS update. The coming soon one on the Kia site mentions USB option, I guess I just wait for that.
The software updates are specific to the head unit model/version. The software updates on the mapnsoft site and the coming soon Kia site are strictly for navigation systems. Not sure about now but in the past updates for non-navigation systems were only done by the dealer.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
12 Posts
I've watched nav updates drop in price over the last several years from $199 to $149 to now $25 (though you must order the physical SD card and can't download like you used to for a 2017). Generally good news.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts