Kia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I took the vehicle out for a drive today and both AA and the built in nav work just fine for me (fortunately). I used AA with google maps to my destination and then on my way home I used the built in NAV. No blank screens.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD 3.3 V6 USA
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I haven't installed mine for lack of time. I did insert the sd card into my computer, copied it to a new folder, and searched for any duplicates files and could not find any.
Anyone with a defective card/ or fully operation card care to compare their properties to mine?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,246 Posts
Not yet installed, so can't yet say for sure how it plays. Will find out sometime between now and Monday.
For what it's worth, note some interesting differences between your card and mine. I've got an extra bloody folder somewhere, perhaps with a pair of extra files in it.

Given the potential for duplicates being at the heart of the issue, I'm hesitant to install this one. Need more feedback of this sort from a few others to see what's going on. I'll have to see if there are any duplicates later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Interesting, Think if you download cc cleaner it has an option to search for duplicates. Not sure when I’ll get a chance to run it, hoping sometime this week!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
678 Posts
I looked through everything pretty good yesterday and compared to the version 12 files I had and there are definitely some files on the card in the map data directory that didn't exist in version 12 but I didn't see any duplicate files. I deleted the ones that weren't in version 12 but no change in how the map displayed. Would be interesting to see a file listing from someones who is working correctly.

I even extracted the android system image files to compare and everything looked right - no duplicates that I could see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered mine as well. Mine came out to $34.51 with Fedex Ground shipping. Was tempted to pay for the expedited shipping but figured with the lockdown order I have nowhere to go!
How did u order yours Because mine says that it is not compatible for an upgrade I have a 2016 Sorrento as well

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,865 Posts
How did u order yours Because mine says that it is not compatible for an upgrade I have a 2016 Sorrento as well
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
37 Posts

I wonder if I can get a partial refund for the $300 update I reluctantly bought in late January.. grumble grumble

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Wonder has anyone heard from MapNSoft?

I actually got around to installing mine today, figured if I break mine I could always use Waze.
I guess I got lucky, it seems to be working fine. Took about 30 mins to install, tested the gps and it was spot on.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX
3 Posts
I inquired about the download option and was told it should be available on Monday, 18th.
Lets see :)

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX+ 2016
96 Posts
So I ordered this the first day and it finally just hit Canada border. USPS is INCREDIBLY slow right now!

It's not clear to me what the new issues are, but if I understand correctly there is a blank screen issue and a street names missing when you zoom too close. Is that correct and did I miss any details on this?

Has anybody noticed any other issues in general? My current map is "unauthorized" ~for reasons~ and i'd rather have a map sometimes than the "unauthorized" popup happening all the time.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,246 Posts
Is it your old or new map that is 'unauthorized'? If it's the old one, did you purchase the vehicle used, or attempt to update it with a copied card?

·
Registered
678 Posts
So I ordered this the first day and it finally just hit Canada border. USPS is INCREDIBLY slow right now!

It's not clear to me what the new issues are, but if I understand correctly there is a blank screen issue and a street names missing when you zoom too close. Is that correct and did I miss any details on this?

Has anybody noticed any other issues in general? My current map is "unauthorized" ~for reasons~ and i'd rather have a map sometimes than the "unauthorized" popup happening all the time.
Correct. And if you try to set a destination it will give a message saying it can't find the starting point. Probably because it doesn't know any road names. Everything else besides navigation seems to work fine with no new issues from the update that I've seen.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX 2.0T
90 Posts
I ordered mine on the 29 April and it arrived this morning. I am very curious to know if mine is the one with the issues or if somehow, it is one of the "corrected" ones. I e-mailed them and queried what do i do if this update is the one with issues. I am anxiously awaiting their reply.....

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Same here, it's out for delivery, i'll wait to know if it's ok to install, I have a 1 hour trip, can i do it when i drive the car ?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX 2.0T
90 Posts
Loaded, appears to work just fine. I'm certainly not impressed with the colour schemes though, pretty bland. Will take getting used to i suppose.

Kronyx.....i don't know if i would try to update it while driving, there may be some issue with it trying to work and update at the same time. It only took me 25 minutes.....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Loaded, appears to work just fine. I'm certainly not impressed with the colour schemes though, pretty bland. Will take getting used to i suppose.

Kronyx.....i don't know if i would try to update it while driving, there may be some issue with it trying to work and update at the same time. It only took me 25 minutes.....
Driving around is fine. It isn't trying to "work" when it is being updated. I've done all my updates while driving. Just don't forget it's updating and stop somewhere and shut the car off.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts