Kia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX, 2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost, 2001 Ford Ranger 4.0, 2000 BMW Z3 2.3
48 Posts
Interesting. Wonder if they are sold out or they pulled it due to issues?

Ours seems to work fine. I don't have any of the issues mentioned by the others.

We are more likely to use Google Maps via Android Auto anyway.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD 3.3 V6 USA
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Haven't installed mine yet.... I wonder for those who are having issues, what version did you upgrade from? Also, is there a hard reset on the head unit itself? like a small button or a sequence of buttons you can press to reset the unit.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
678 Posts
I would imagine they pulled the update. The release date now says "TBD".

I upgraded from 13. Tried hard reset and setting everything back to defaults.

@twesterh Since you say yours is working fine could you post the versions listed in the system info screen? Just curious if there is something different.

Mine:

Model: UMAS.S4AMN.US
S/W VER.: ST.UM.USA.E535.200318
Firmware VER.: MICOM.ST.UM.USA.2000.191008
Firmware VER.: SUBM.ST.EM.1025.190416
Navi App Ver.: ST4.NAM.KMC.200317.e60f1c4b
Map Ver.: NAM.13.41.42.660.002.3

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
37 Posts
Wow this is great news. Maybe I'll actually buy the update once and a while.

In January I bought the full map + firmware update for my Canadian Sorento and it was nearly $200 CAD I think. I told them I didn't want the maps as I only wanted to add Android Auto, but they wouldn't sell the firmware alone stating that they only had an agreement to do that in the USA. I was very annoyed and told them that if I do end up buying, it'll be the one and only time I ever buy an update from them.

Before that I had a 2013 Santa Fe with outdated maps and firmware and I was in a similar situation where I only wanted the firmware update without maps, so that the boot-up disclaimer screen would dismiss itself automatically. I wasn't going to spend $200 CAD for that, though. I brought this up when I spoke to them in January, flat out telling them that I had never updated the Santa Fe even once out of principal / objection to their price and policy.

I wonder how many other people do not buy from them over that nonsense. Maybe they learned that they could be making a lot more money by being reasonable.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Response I got from Mapnsoft today:

The Update has been pulled due to many calls regarding the same issue you are experiencing. The IT department is currently investigating this matter. The moment a fix is available, i will contact you here. This email is connected to your escalation ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SX (T GDI)
5 Posts
Thanks for looking into this! I did the update last week but have not tried the navigation feature.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX, 2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost, 2001 Ford Ranger 4.0, 2000 BMW Z3 2.3
48 Posts
Let me say this, as far as I know everything seems to be working. It is my wife's primary vehicle and she doesn't use navigation.

Here is a pic I took right after the install:

@twesterh Since you say yours is working fine could you post the versions listed in the system info screen? Just curious if there is something different.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Let me say this, as far as I know everything seems to be working. It is my wife's primary vehicle and she doesn't use navigation.

Here is a pic I took right after the install:

View attachment 114616
Thanks. Looks like everything is the same.

If she isn't using navigation then she may not be aware of any issues. Everything works great...except navigation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just to be clear I have used the navigation, plugged a few addresses in, turn by turn directions and maps work fine. In town, in state, and out of state, was able to get a route and start on it and get directions. (Cancelled them later, which I wish there was an easier way to do, which there may be but haven't figured out how.)

Seems like some people have lost complete Nav functionality.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just to be clear I have used the navigation, plugged a few addresses in, turn by turn directions and maps work fine. In town, in state, and out of state, was able to get a route and start on it and get directions. (Cancelled them later, which I wish there was an easier way to do, which there may be but haven't figured out how.)

Seems like some people have lost complete Nav functionality.
Ah ok, that is definitely strange that yours works and others don't. And yeah, my nav doesn't work at all.

20200504_185416_HDR.jpg
Map display is blank with zoom below .25mi, current street not displayed at bottom of screen.

20200505_121255.jpg
Map displays if zoom is .25mi or above but street still not displayed.

20200505_084436_HDR.jpg
Result of trying to set a destination.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not tried mine yet. I only loaded it Monday and saw that it was successful but didn't drive around to test it. So it will be interesting to see if they are going to provide a download version or if they will have to send out new SD cards

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
367 Posts
Wow this is great news. Maybe I'll actually buy the update once and a while.

In January I bought the full map + firmware update for my Canadian Sorento and it was nearly $200 CAD I think. I told them I didn't want the maps as I only wanted to add Android Auto, but they wouldn't sell the firmware alone stating that they only had an agreement to do that in the USA. I was very annoyed and told them that if I do end up buying, it'll be the one and only time I ever buy an update from them.
The updated frimware with ACP and AA came out soon after I bought my new 2016 Sorento. I managed to get the update for free after complaining to the Kia Canada customer service. After that, the update was downloadable for a time on Kia Canada webiste for free.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,246 Posts
Apparently it's not a BUG but a duplicate file on the master SD card that is causing the issues.
Wonder which file? I guess one could drill down into all of the file structure looking for two files with the same name, but then one would want to know which to leave and which to delete.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The updated frimware with ACP and AA came out soon after I bought my new 2016 Sorento. I managed to get the update for free after complaining to the Kia Canada customer service. After that, the update was downloadable for a time on Kia Canada webiste for free.
There was a limited time where they offered it, but then they handed things over to MapNSoft, who didn't have the same generosity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I recently bought a used KIA Sorento 2016 LX with no navigation. Will the ACP/AA download work on this particular SUV? or Navigation has to be requirement for the ACP/AA to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello! I recently bought a used KIA Sorento 2016 LX with no navigation. Will the ACP/AA download work on this particular SUV? or Navigation has to be requirement for the ACP/AA to work?

Thanks!
No, unfortunately only the 2016 with Nav (I think only SX/SXL?) can be upgraded with ACP/AA.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SX (T GDI)
5 Posts
So i tried the navigation on mine and it worked fine for me. I was even able to display the map closer than 0.25 mi. Just realized i did't take a picture of my map version but it is the most recent one. Here is the firmware version i have.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Apparently it's not a BUG but a duplicate file on the master SD card that is causing the issues.
Hmm, I guess that means some cards must have went out without that duplicate file as there are people that have it working?

Any idea what file? If it's one of the map files then that should be easy to delete if the file name is known. If it is a file in the firmware itself then there would be no way to remove it.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX 2.0T
90 Posts
Once the IT department has reconfigured the master copies, the orders on hold will be released and the appropriate updates will be sent out. This is from them..

61 - 80 of 128 Posts