Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering where the MAP sensor is located on a 2011 Kia Sorento, 4 cylinder 2.4L

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAP sensor is located under part number 39300A
Thanks. After talking to five (5) Kia dealerships . . . FIVE. I finally talked to a guy in the parts department who told me "he thought" it was located toward the passenger side of the car and back toward the firewall. When I looked in that area I can see what I believe to be the MAP sensor under the engine guard, (part # 29240 on your diagram).

The diagram you sent me seems to confirm what apparently most Kia dealership service departments don't know, that it is under the plastic engine cover. The trick now is finding someone who knows how that plastic engine cover comes off. You would think someone in the service department might have had need to take one off once, but apparently not. I've had one guy tell me it just pops off, "you have to pull pretty hard" and another guy tell me "It looks like there's two bolts in the back holding it on." The plastic engine cover costs $62 so I'd rather wait until I can talk to someone who actually knows about Kia's before I just start yanking on it.

First and last Kia ever. I have no major issues with the vehicle itself, in fact my wife loves it. But without exception every single dealing I have had with Kia employees at any dealership has been ridiculously frustrating. I still have a driving light on the passenger side that burned out in 2013. I bought the bulb to replace it, but there is no access panel anywhere to get to it. I either have to take the entire front bumper off or cut a hole. The service department told me they can replace the bulb for me for $135 [IF] I bring in the bulb.

·
Registered
Sorento 2.2CRDi (2013)
117 Posts
Driving light? You mean low beam bulb? Or maybe you meant fog lamp which has the most complicated access?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts