Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio, 2013 Kia Forte
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2013 kia rio lx a few days ago and am looking to make locks and windows powered. I am looking for some advice to go about doing that because i have no idea, best buy qouted me for locks itself at $605 but that is with the viper remote start 4301 system as well, for keyless entry as well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's going to be a huge job dude, for one thing you likely don't have any of the wiring harness for it in your car, even the fuse block is likely empty. You'd have to route custom wiring, relays and fuses for all of it.

Beyond that you'll have to find new or salvage running gear for the doors, it might be cheaper & easier to swap to power doors from a junker and get 'em repainted.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio, 2013 Kia Forte
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i got a couple qoutes today, there is a very dependable custom car shop down the road from me and are going between $500-$600 with a viper remote start system, price depends on 4301 model or another one I cant remember. Windows priced at $575. Both of these prices only include front 2 doors. back doors add about $180 to each price. Hopefully this is legit and can actually be done, i appreciate the input and will bring some things up when i go tomorrow to finalize and ensure no overages as the work is being done.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio5
44 Posts
I did the power locks in my car for about $320 CAD.
Bought a Viper remote start / alarm unit off SonicElectronix.com
And I bought the power door lock system from our local Princess Auto. Technically that system would be all you need as it included actuators for 4 doors (I bought a 5th separately for the hatch) and a control unit with remotes.

Took me a solid day to get the door locks installed (taking the doors off is the worst part since the manual window handles do not come off easily). Then I did the hatch lock on another day since it was a separate wiring job. Finally I put in the Viper unit to control everything and have remote start for the vehicle. Has been working great for over a year now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts