Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento. 2011 Kia Optima
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!
I went to move my husbands 2011 manual optima this evening and got nothing, no turn of key nothing. Wheel locked and it just won't even click over. I so upset by this because dealer is 35 miles away and this is nothing I should have to deal with. Any ideas?
Also does anyone know how many 2011 manual Optimas were made?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
difficult to tell from your description, but sounds like the wheel is locked in position, just move the steering wheel slightly and the key will turn.

If not, give a more detail explanation of exactly what you are doing. Can you not just ask your husband? Are you pushing down the clutch? Is it in a gear or in neutral?

If no satisfaction just phone the dealer they may be able to help you over the phone.

I know a lot about statistics but never come across a breakdown of how many manuals vs autos were built. You would have to know someone at the factory. Generally speaking its probably about 5% or less.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Use the free Roadside Assistance that came with the vehicle when it was purchased

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento. 2011 Kia Optima
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for replies, husband was asleep, so no asking him. Didn't want to wake him for nothing major. It has started just fine for him and has since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts