Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Kia Sephia manual tran no p/s or a/c, 98 Subaru LegOB
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My shifter has a decent amount of slop in it. I looked underneath and the bolt that holds the shifter to the rod coming from the transmission is pretty rusted and the bushings don't look very tight. Does anyone know of a place that sells some tough bushings? Like some sort of polyurethane or what not? I'd be ok with OEM as well if there wasn't a superior aftermarket product. I'd also need to replace that bolt, know what size that is?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woops, this should probably be in the gen2 subforum...since I'm gen2.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Hi all,
My shifter has a decent amount of slop in it. I looked underneath and the bolt that holds the shifter to the rod coming from the transmission is pretty rusted and the bushings don't look very tight. Does anyone know of a place that sells some tough bushings? Like some sort of polyurethane or what not? I'd be ok with OEM as well if there wasn't a superior aftermarket product. I'd also need to replace that bolt, know what size that is?
I dought if any company makes any stronger bushings. The factory bushing lasted OVER 11 years, I would just call your local dealership and get some from them, where in MI do you live? These bushings are $2.72 each, you will need 2. Kia part# 0K02A 17489B.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm near Holland, MI. Ah, that does seem like a fairly reasonable cost. :) Any info on the bolt that goes through them? Mine is a bit corroded...

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
I'm near Holland, MI. Ah, that does seem like a fairly reasonable cost. :) Any info on the bolt that goes through them? Mine is a bit corroded...
I see, My dealership is in Nove. I must have looked up the bushings for a Sportage. the bushing part # for your Sephia is KKY01 46062, $2.00 each. The bolt is $4.50 part # is MB001 46134.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts