Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what tach # should you be shifting for the best gas milage ? I try to stay below 3000 RPM but I am not getting as good of milage that I had hoped (37MPG) it is about 28 right now some of that can be blamed on the heater but that much?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by optiduluth@Dec 16 2004, 11:40 AM
At what tach # should you be shifting for the best gas milage ? I try to stay below 3000 RPM but I am not getting as good of milage that I had hoped (37MPG) it is about 28 right now some of that can be blamed on the heater but that much?
at 28 mpg you are getting the mileage you should be. the little rios dont even get 38mpg..... your right on target. also check you owners manual it says the shift points in there for best fuel economy!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Dec 31 2004, 07:37 AM
at 28 mpg you are getting the mileage you should be. the little rios dont even get 38mpg..... your right on target. also check you owners manual it says the shift points in there for best fuel economy!
Last I checked I got 26mpg with my Optima. Much better than my 16mpg my Sorento gets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts