Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if it is possible to fit the removable 3rd row bench from the SWB Sedona into the 2nd row of the LWB Sedona - if you move the rails around. I guess the best way would be to look and do some measurements. I'm just wondering if anyone has done it. I know they have 8 passenger versions in Australia, UK, and other markets (pretty much every market except the US). If I can't fit the 3rd row from the SWB, how hard would it be to acquire the 8 passenger seats from another country?

· Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We only have two seats in the second row.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seriously think that the 3rd row (3 seats) from the SWB Sedona would fit on the second row rails of the LWB Sedona. I can't FIND any SWB Sedonas to confirm this.

· Registered
sedona ts previous st170 standard ford focus orion fiesta diesel best of all ford granada ghia
32 Posts
hi
i think it would be very difficult as you either need a bench seat at the back with the extra seat belt anchor points. or adapt the floor pan to make way for the rails and to keep the strength also still have an extra seat belt anchor point.
also your insurance probably would not like this idea, and you would have to satisfy them that its safe . we all know how insurance small print works they would take your cash but not pay out. not sure if you need a different licence either ? i could be wrong

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did confirm that the 3rd row seats on the short-wheelbase Sedona fit in the 2nd row position on the long-wheelbase Sedona. However, it makes getting to the 3rd row a bear. Since the seats are designed to be removed, the middle seat belt is integrated into the seat itself. So yes, it works, but it isn't as practical as I had hoped.

· Registered
sedona ts previous st170 standard ford focus orion fiesta diesel best of all ford granada ghia
32 Posts
thats the way i have to use my car i just have to fold the outside middle row forward its made to be like this but even so it does not give much room to enter. a longer door would help [ joking ]
i think all kia owners could get together and design on our own reflections and faults and provide kia with a super car that we would all want to have.
still love my car though
sorry im going off track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.