Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2003 Kia Sorrento 2.5 CRD in February this year which gave me a lot of pleasure and and much more pain. A wonderful vehicle but with major problems - viscous coupling fan packed in causing the vehicle to overheat, a jockey wheel on the V belt pack in leaving me stranded and having to be towed in and finally it started really smoking. After replacing the injectors, fuel pump, thermostat and valves, (all under warranty) the workshop were about to replace the pistons and rings (for good measure) when the Good Lord intervened and the vehicle fell off the hoist. I am now in a position to buy a 2005 model (with the insurance money) - PLEASE someone tell me that I am not making a mistake buying another Sorrento. Are these vehilces reliable and has anyone else had similar or worse problems. I look forward to reading your responses.

·
Registered
75 Posts
it is a lovely car but i wish i had stuck with my hyundai santa fe had it for 18 months and did not have to take it back once i am finding the sorento sqweeks rattles the springs inside the drivers seat are rubbing on the seat frame the drink tray at the back wont go back in and the rear window in the tail gate keeps opening and this car is only 6 months old and to top it all my dealer has stopped trading sorry to hear your sorento fell off the ramp at least it gives you the oppertunity to look at something else :beer:

·
Registered
Black Sorento 2005
15 Posts
I'm sorry, I really don't have too much advice but your post really did cheer me up and make me chuckle ( I am sorry about your problems but you couldn't have wished for a better outcome could you!).

Anyway, I have only had my Sorento for a few weeks and it has only done 1500kms. So far the only trouble has been with it pulling to left, and the awful attitude of the Kia sales and service staff (the service dept does Toyota as well, and I'm not sure they're too interested in keeping the Kia customers happy). I don't know what side of the road you drive on in South Africa, but it seems to be a bit of a problem with the steep road cambers to the left here in Oz.

Good luck with your new one - surely lightning can't strike twice......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts