Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to idrive to register this car and take the 06 off, I was looking at the maintenance schedule. It says, at 30,000 miles, timing belt. What??

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,521 Posts
This is what you get when your NOT using info right from Kia. Both engines that could be in your Sorento have timming chains.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
290 Posts
Compare the maintenace schedule between your owner's manual and the maintenance schedule on the idriveonline. Always go by the maintenance schedule for your vehicle based on your owner's manual.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the maintenance schedule, it's the fact is says timing belt, (I have a chain) which I had in my 06, but it was changed every 60,000 miles, not 30,000...weird

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
It's not the maintenance schedule, it's the fact is says timing belt, (I have a chain) which I had in my 06, but it was changed every 60,000 miles, not 30,000... weird
I find this post (and your previous posts) rather hard to understand. If you have a car with a timing chain, why worry about a purported maintenance interval for a belted engine?

One of the reasons for timing belts was to save manufacturing costs and at the same time increase maintenance costs for the owner. It is usually 60,000 miles intervals, but if they can somehow convince you into doing it early, the dealer wins.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
I found the idrive site maint. schedule to be a bit screwy as well. The best schedule you can follow is in your owners manual, section 7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts