Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX, 2003 Toyota Camry
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the KGIS website and I can't seem to find the right part numbers. I have a 2011 Kia Sedona LX (LWB with a 3.5L engine G6DC Lamda II).

Are the following part numbers correct:

28113-4D000 Air filter (engine)
1UF79-AQ000 Cabin air filter (or is it 97133-2D000)?

Lastly, what coolant goes in this vehicle? Currently it's a light blue-green colored Kia OEM coolant. My mileage is at 10,500 and I want to do some basic maintenance.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Your part numbers are correct. Both part numbers for the cabin air filter are correct. The dealer will be able to find the correct one of the two by your VIN number. The recommended interval (under severe maintenance) for the coolant is 60,000 miles for the first change, and 30,000 miles thereafter. You shouldn't have to touch the coolant for another 50k miles. To answer your question, it uses a standard Ethylene Glycol 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
The air filter should not need changing either unless you live in a dust bowl.
I removed the cabin air filter and threw it away and did NOT replace it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmation on the numbers. I thought I read the interval for changing the cabin air filter was 9,300 miles. As for the engine air filter, though the mileage is low at its 2 year anniversary, I figured the filters are cheap so why not?

The coolant issue bothered me. I did a brief inspection (i.e. oil level, tire pressure, coolant level, etc...) before I drove down from the SF bay area to LA last weekend. The engine was cold, and the coolant level was low. I topped it off with about a cup of distilled water till it reached the "L" line. Did I do wrong? Should I be concerned or is this amount of evaporation normal after two years?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
No, do not worry about your coolant loss.
A dirty air filter traps more dirt than a clean one, but a clogged one restricts air flow.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Just filling the overflow tank back up with plain water is fine. The overflow tank is only a fraction of the coolant in the entire system. You can even fill it to "F" with water if you want. I don't believe you have anything to be concerned about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, I'll top it off with distilled water tonight. And I'll probably just lightly vacuum the engine air filter. Thanks, you guys have been great; I love this board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts