Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
608 Posts
I beleive all of these are related to the room fuse under the hood. It's the one with the tabs to make removing it easier. Be sure to remove the fuse from this holder to check it, or if you can, just replace it. Sometimes fuses go bad and it's not because they blew. IF that's not the problem, then you have a wiring issue. Let me know and I'll tell you what else to check.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
608 Posts
Yes, it would be hot when the key is off.

This would be easier if you have and know how to use a multimeter, but there are some connections you can check anyway.

Right after the fuse, there is a connector under the fuse block. There will actually be a few of them, so disconnect them all and look for bent terminals. You'll have to unbolt them first; as you unscrew the bolt in the center of each connector it should slide off. You might luck out and see one that's not fully connected; it happens.

If the problem isn't there, then you'll want to check what's called a short connector. It looks like a connector without the other half. The one you want to check is located behind the interior fuse block. It will have some pink, yellow, and maybe red w/black wires going to it. Make sure nothing is loose coming at the connector.

If you don't see the problem at either of these places, you'll either have to take it in or get a multimeter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.