Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, help was given before with a problem and wondering if someone could help me again. 2002 Magentis with a CD/Cassette/ AM/FM music system. After awahile the radio breaks down and keeps jumping between the station and showing CD1 in the panel. Other times ER2 is displayed. The problem does not happen all the time, just to often.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Greyoneca

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing you can do to narrow down the source of the problem, assuming you haven't done this already, is to change the fuse for the radio on the fuse panel (hopefully your owner's manual will tell you exactly which fuse it is). I had a similar problem in my Grand Am a few years back and changing the fuse fixed it. Just make sure you put in the exact same type/size of fuse (it's probably a 5 or 10 amp fuse, but check closely to make sure).

If after changing the fuse you still have the problem, or the problem goes away but comes back, I'd suggest having your electrical system checked as you may have a short or some other electrical issue. Electrical system checks aren't complicated or expensive, it basically consists of a mechanic putting an electrical "load" on the car's electrical system and measuring for unusual fluctuations in peek voltage. If there is a problem, the results usually indicate that the source is either the alternator is working properly or that the battery is not holding a charge.

Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts