Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 sedona and the van just stopped running while driving the other day. will crank but wont turn over. when it does start will only run for 1-2minutes then just shuts off. As your cranking vehicle sometimes it seems like it loses power and stops cranking until you release key and try starting again. had codes on car indicating MAF sensor. Replaced sensor with aftermarket one and still same problem- no start- and codes came back again. took it to kia dealer to get scanned and they said it was MAF sensor. Told them I had replace and they said aftermarket MAF sensors dont usually work for kias and I should replace with a Kia original part for 550.00. Has anyone heard of this issue where only original kia part will work correctly???
[/B]Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Sedona 2.9 CRDi, 1992 2.5 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB, 1998 Toyota Corrolla, Suzuki GSXR600
54 Posts
I've never heard of that before. Try getting hold of the supplier and get their advice. It may be something silly as the ECU just needs telling the part has been replaced. Obviously Kia would rather make a bit more money by fitting another new part, the question is, would it be a genuine Kia part? Probably not as Kia don't actually make the MAF, they are an off the shelf part from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
362 Posts
I won't say that this is your problem as I have no way of knowing without being there to diag, but I can say I have seen this exact problem where a customer bought a aftermarket sensor and installed it with no luck. Bought the OEM sensor and fixed the car. Again, I am not saything this WILL fix it, Im just answering your question that the OEM parts are superior and should always be used when you can. Its not a greed thing, its a correct parts thing.

·
Registered
2003 carnival 2,9 ex auto
70 Posts
Maf is Bosch originally. Will work on default settings when unplugged on 2.9 diesel.
New maf 200 euros here. I buy off ebay for 40 pound. always work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts