Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento AWD , 2013 RDX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2013 white awd lx 2 weeks ago and already starting to add stuff... Lol spoiler on the way tommorow side steps and sills will be delivered.
I am very excited.

Which now brings me to my question lx vs r. If I understand correctly the lx (us) is the same as the r (other countries). Is this a true statement? The reason I ask is the skid plates look so much better for the r which you can source than the lx.
I would like to get them but I am concerned it will not work.

Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Also if any one has a source for metal accel/brake pedals that would be helpful as well

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
I believe Sorento R is the name given to the 2010 + (XM) Sorentos sold in the Korean Market. LX, EX and in the North America SX are different trim levels.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento AWD , 2013 RDX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe Sorento R is the name given to the 2010 + (XM) Sorentos sold in the Korean Market. LX, EX and in the North America SX are different trim levels.
Roshon,

Thank you for the response. After lots of research I am guessing you are correct.

I guess the real question is will "R" accessories fit the "US" Sorentos?

Example: Kia "R" front skid plate looks so much better than the US version and I would like to get it if it fits. From all the pictures I have seen with and with out it for the "R" I can tell if it will fit for the "US" model

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Most of the accessories will fit the EX or the LX. Usually if they don't fit most sellers will state so. But the SX has different bumpers, grille and body mouldings so some of the accessories won't obviously fit.

Only way of really making sure is e-mail the seller and ask I guess. There are lot of sellers on Ebay that sell good parts. I usually buy from Jayongmall who seem to have quality stuff for reasonable price for my (Non-US) EX.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
Sorento R comes from the name of its engine. (The R-2.2ltr CRDi)

Not sure of trim levels, but if its anything like the Aussie market, the higher up ones are the diesels.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorento R comes from the name of its engine. (The R-2.2ltr CRDi)

Not sure of trim levels, but if its anything like the Aussie market, the higher up ones are the diesels.
I am not too sure about that. I believe the Hyundai R engine is a diesel engine. But all XM (2010 up) are referred to as Sorento- R. I think its the name given for the domestically marketed XM Sorentos in South Korea.

Regarding the trim levels, all levels of the trim is offered here regardless of the fuel type.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do they offer the Petrol model in South Korea?

Over here, its the V6 for the lowest of the low (Si), and from there on its Diesel. (Si, SLi, Platinum)
Petrols are available in Korea but I don't know what the trims are called. Over here in SL we have the LX, EX and EX Limited (No base an no SX) in bothe Diesel and Petrol engines,

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do they offer the Petrol model in South Korea?

Over here, its the V6 for the lowest of the low (Si), and from there on its Diesel. (Si, SLi, Platinum)
Petrols are available in Korea but I don't know what the trims are called. Over here in SL we have the LX, EX and EX Limited (No base and no SX) in both Diesel and Petrol engines,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts