Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sedona SX with Tech Package
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a set maintenance schedule to lube the sliding doors? I don't think I saw it in the manual. Do you know if dealers will do this? I remember years ago, dealers used to advertised Lube, oil, and filter as part of their service although I don't know how much lubing they did. I'm pretty sure every time I've gotten an oil change at my Kia dealer they've never lubed anything. If it's something I can do myself, what kind of lube is recommended?

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
This is a good question. I recently started having my driver's-side sliding door not close all the way. It grunts and groans like it's trying to finish closing, but doesn't latch. A gentle nudge helps it to finally latch. I'll have to check with the dealer to see if lube is needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"It grunts and groans like it's trying to finish closing, but doesn't latch. A gentle nudge helps it to finally latch"

Exactly what our 2016 Sedona is doing - did you get this resolved? I tried spray lubricant everywhere that makes sense to me and it works for 4-5 closings, maybe I just need better lubricant.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,742 Posts
"It grunts and groans like it's trying to finish closing, but doesn't latch. A gentle nudge helps it to finally latch"

Exactly what our 2016 Sedona is doing - did you get this resolved? I tried spray lubricant everywhere that makes sense to me and it works for 4-5 closings, maybe I just need better lubricant.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
Yep, got the door motors replaced under warranty at 60K miles. Haven't had a problem since. I suppose it might be a good idea to find out what's causing it, or I'll be footing the bill for door motors at 120K.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
36 Posts

Sorry to tell you but that is the start of the sliding door motor dying.
I had the same noise with the door sometimes working sometimes not.
Took it to the dealer and they replaced without any arguments as there is a TSB for the sliding door motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts