Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everbody , I have just purchased a sorento lx 3.5 and wow what a car.
I am curently UK based and spent quite a bit of time researching the Sorento. I would like to know the origin of the 3.5 V6 - as its very unusal for a asian manufacturer to offer such a refined engine - in house. anybody know??
Anyway after about two weeks with shiocking fuel ecomomy decided to convert to
LPG. This has been a tremendeous success - with cost and fuel economly now lower than my previous vehicle an AUDI A6. The V6 proved no problem to convert provided you use the seqential type conversion system. When running on LPG - it is imposible to feel the diffeence with this magnificant beast.

Best regards tio everbody

Jonathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's true! The Kia 3.5 V6 is really a Hyundai engine. Hyundai bought Kia a few years ago and they now share many engines, components and technology. That's a good thing, since Hyundai is a real mover and shaker in the auto world these days. Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by rjholst@Jan 13 2005, 04:03 AM
It's true! The Kia 3.5 V6 is really a Hyundai engine. Hyundai bought Kia a few years ago and they now share many engines, components and technology. That's a good thing, since Hyundai is a real mover and shaker in the auto world these days. Cheers!

Thanks Riholst thought for one moment it was and old Mitsuibishi engine. Thank god it aint. Nice to hvae somebody on this forum who lives next to the plant !!!!

Jonathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts