Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento LX 3.3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I had to replace my front lower ball joints on my 2008 Sorento. There are 3 bolts that hold the ball joint to the lower control arm. I had to burn them all out with an acetylene torch, so now I have to replace them, along with washers and nuts. But of course, there is no part number and I can't find any info about size. All I know is they at 10.9 hex, around 1/2" in diameter and around 2 1/2" long. Any suggestions?

Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
Buy a ball joint that comes with the bolts in the first place. 馃ゴ Febi/Moog/Borg&Beck + others. The bolts & nuts will be metric in any case. Not sure how well placed you are to obtain metric high tensile bolts. The alternative is a complete control arm which also gives you new bushes as well. (iirc this is Kia's default option).

Edit: grade 10.9 high tensile tend to be torque-to-yield, single use only - so you wouldn't have been reusing them anyway.

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento LX 3.3
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy a ball joint that comes with the bolts in the first place. 馃ゴ Febi/Moog/Borg&Beck + others. The bolts & nuts will be metric in any case. Not sure how well placed you are to obtain metric high tensile bolts. The alternative is a complete control arm which also gives you new bushes as well. (iirc this is Kia's default option).

Edit: grade 10.9 high tensile tend to be torque-to-yield, single use only - so you wouldn't have been reusing them anyway.
Thanks, but I already bought the ball joints without the bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.