Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2001 kia sportage 2wd auto. the check enginge light came on and the reading was the low water temp switch. replaced it and after 90 miles the cel comes back on with the same thing. could it be the thermostat ? or what else should i check.:(

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
have a 2001 kia sportage 2wd auto. the check enginge light came on and the reading was the low water temp switch. replaced it and after 90 miles the cel comes back on with the same thing. could it be the thermostat ? or what else should i check.:(
What code did you get? Not really seeing a low water temp. switch code on Kia Global Information System (KGIS). The switch you replaced, was it the Engine Coolant Temp sensor?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
low water temp

per the kia dealer there are two switches on has one lug and the other has two lugs on it and the one with two lugs is the low water temp switch. the car belongs to a buddy so i will have to get the code #. replace the switch with an autozone part and kia said that you must have their switch. so the switch is on order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the code i am getting is #0128 thermostat regulating temp below. i have replace the low water temp switch twice. what else could it be
thanks
nelson

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the code i am getting is #0128 thermostat regulating temp below. i have replace the low water temp switch twice. what else could it be
thanks
nelson
P0128 Coolant Thermostat Stuck Open

I'd take a closer look at the thermostat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts