Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia Sedona/1994 F150
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Kia Sedona w/ 3.5L V6 with 80052 Miles on it, that starts fine, but has a lack of power when on the road. When setting and idleling the RPM's will vary from about 700 to 1000 RPM's. On the road the van won't go over 30 or 35 MPH.On the downhill it will get up to 50 or 60 MPH. While setting in park, if I step on the gas and run it up to about 4500 RPM's it will start missing and act like it wants to cut out. I had a check engine light that was an ignition power pack that I replaced and the check engine light has gone out. Before I replaced the ignition power pack it did not idle very well. Any ideas on what the problem is would be great. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it!!
I pulled off the catylitic convertor and it was packed full of trash from the one that is mounted on the front of the engine. I finished knocking the rest of the busted pieses out of the convertor on the front of the engine and gutted the secondary convertor out. The Sedona runs like scalded ape now!

·
Registered
2004 kia sedona
17 Posts
I've done the same thing to older vehicles but not on anything newer. I am curious if doing that will effect your fuel mileage since the oxygen sensors track the emissions from the catalytic converters and adjust the air fuel mix. Please let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only driven it this week, but it seems to be using less gas to go to work the last 4 days. It's not a lot less, but it seems to be a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts