Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 sorento 08 sorento
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have replaced the alternator twice and battery twice in my 05 ex 4wd sorento. i still cannot get a proper voltage from the alternator. it hovers around 13 then goes down to 12.8 when everything is on. when i drive with everything on the truck studders and will sometimes not shift right. i thinking because of low voltage. any ideas???

·
Registered
'96 Camry v6 XLE, '00 Camry LE
2,174 Posts
Greetings,

Would recommend signing up at the kiatechinfo website (see my sig.) using Internet Explorer browser, then you can view the (Service Info.) -> and test procedures for your vehicle -

An in-line voltage meter / ammeter test is indicated to check (amp) output of the alternator, to diagnose & further troubleshoot issues with the output (B+) wire -> and/or the electronic voltage regulator (quoting from the test procedure).

At a minimum, I would also be inspecting all battery cables and cleaning all ground points: battery terminals, battery neg. cable to frame, at a minumum.

Test procedure located at:

SORENTO(BL) >2005 > G 3.5 DOHC > Engine Electrical System -> Charging System -> (Repair Procedures)

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
That's about right. I thought the same about mine (~12.7v all on). Bought a new alt, pull the old one out, and it had 13v printed on it. It's NOT a standard 14.4V system, it's designed around 13v instead. Brand new Alternator was running 12.8v all on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts