Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento AWD EX Turbo,2001 Miata SE Track Car 6MT, 2004 F150 Lariat, 2004 Silverado 2500HD 4X4,
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday she said she heard a diffrent noise from the car when she was out doing some shopping. Could not describe it exactly. So I hopped in when we went out for some dinner and drop the kids off. I drive with a heavy foot and immediately noticed that the turbo was just screaming, and might mention it sounded good too. LOL

I pulled over and checked the hoses, charge lines and intercooler. I found the factory turbo inlet hose has broken clean off at the turbo inlet. The hose clamp and the broken piece of hose were still clamped to the turbo but the hose was half way over the turbo. I was able to move the hose back over the turbo and take her back home.

One thing is for sure, it sounds sweet like this and reminds me of my Powerstroke.

Anyways, I am typing this from the service department since it is under warranty.

Her Sorento is a 2016, its about 19 months old and has at 47K miles on it. No issues other than this so I'm still pretty happy with it. I think the hose might need a little more silicon content as the one that broke seems brittle and you do not want brittle when something goes in the turbo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Sorento AWD EX Turbo,2001 Miata SE Track Car 6MT, 2004 F150 Lariat, 2004 Silverado 2500HD 4X4,
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily we caught it quickly. The dealer I went to gave me a loaner, they said the part may be a day or two to get in. That's what I figured since it is still new. At least if there is any other issue with the turbo/engine it has been documented at the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Luckily we caught it quickly. The dealer I went to gave me a loaner, they said the part may be a day or two to get in. That's what I figured since it is still new. At least if there is any other issue with the turbo/engine it has been documented at the dealer.
This is under warranty correct?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it took three days for the dealer to get the intake hose assembly in, and 10 minutes to install. They also updated UVO for me so now you won't have a heart attack when the phone rings.

All under warranty, no questions asked.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento EX AWD 2.0T w/Prem Pkg
108 Posts
Maybe a loose or broken motor mount or support allowing the engine to move back or forth?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
639 Posts
So yesterday she said she heard a diffrent noise from the car when she was out doing some shopping. Could not describe it exactly. So I hopped in when we went out for some dinner and drop the kids off. I drive with a heavy foot and immediately noticed that the turbo was just screaming, and might mention it sounded good too. LOL

I pulled over and checked the hoses, charge lines and intercooler. I found the factory turbo inlet hose has broken clean off at the turbo inlet. The hose clamp and the broken piece of hose were still clamped to the turbo but the hose was half way over the turbo. I was able to move the hose back over the turbo and take her back home.

One thing is for sure, it sounds sweet like this and reminds me of my Powerstroke.

Anyways, I am typing this from the service department since it is under warranty.

Her Sorento is a 2016, its about 19 months old and has at 47K miles on it. No issues other than this so I'm still pretty happy with it. I think the hose might need a little more silicon content as the one that broke seems brittle and you do not want brittle when something goes in the turbo.
wow, that's low miles for a 2016. I bet that bird is in great shape. nice find on the turbo hose at inlet. that is so strange for that to bust like that. I have never seen that , even on over 100k miles.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX
94 Posts
wow, that's low miles for a 2016. I bet that bird is in great shape. nice find on the turbo hose at inlet. that is so strange for that to bust like that. I have never seen that , even on over 100k miles.
Low miles? I got 12,000 miles on my 2016.. :) Of course I work from home and my wife does 3 days a week also.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
537 Posts
I've had my 2016 for 17 months and I just passed 9000 miles. My commute is 1.5 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts