Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sportage LX v6 4wd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I'm needing some major help. I live in a tiny town in Texas where it's nearly impossible to get a mechanic, or anyone really, to look at my car and give me an honest diagnosis. For a while now there's been a loud winning noise once my car is started and it gets worse as I accelerate and my A/C being turned on dramatically effects the performance. The idle RPM are above what I assume are normal, and I swear it has issues shifting at times. I am no where near mechanically inclined, so please any help and insight is greatly appreciated! Along with "dumbing" things down where I can HOPEFULLY get this growing issue fixed myself since I can't seem to get anyone else to help!
Thanks so very much for your time!

·
Registered
02 Sportage, 95 Trans Am, 05 Crossfire, 04 Venture
273 Posts
Can you upload a video of the sound and where it's coming from and post a link?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course! I'll work on that first thing tomorrow

For some reason nothing is allowed to upload!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If you can upload to YouTube or Google Drive, ( Insert a link ) *bottom row in a subsequent post.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
965 Posts
Maybe a belt slipping, and the A/C turning on adds to the friction and makes more noise? Could be a major vacuum leak, though I'd think that would cause major starting and idling issues.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just guessing, if A/C affects sound: "sounds like" (pun intended) the belt idler (aka: tension) pulley might be the culprit.

^^ Might want to replace that belt also, like gunrunnerjohn suggests above at the same time as the pulley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm uploading a video as I type this to YouTube and will post a link to it asap! I'm currently dealing with TRYING to get the actuator off so I can HOPEFULLY replace it, BUT this stupid wiring doesn't want to disconnect from the actuator. Any tips?!

At this point, any insight is welcome! Like I said, the AC being on does affect the behavior of my car, so I try not to use it unless necessary. With it on, I can only describe it as the car begins to "lag" if that makes sense. This is all so frustrating!

Yes, I'm aware my car is dusty.. I live in the country, so it's definitely a fight lol

Me vs. Actuator
I am the Victor! Well for now lol.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
965 Posts
Well, I take it back, that doesn't sound like a belt slipping! That sounds more like bearing noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts