Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<_<

Hello

I have been driving a Kia Sedona 2.9TDI since early 2000. On the whole it has been a good family car, with only a few niggly failures along the way. It has been serviced every 6000 miles at a Kia dealership. The car has done 103000 miles

recently it has developed a problem where by there was a lack of acceleration and lots of black smoke at low revs. The dealer said they had found a hose had come off of the turbo, but this seems to have made little improvement. The Car still suffers from a severe lack of power between 2000 and 3000 revs and under load. The dealer has suggested a £550 fuel pump overhaul but isn't sure this is the problem.

Does anyone have any advice ?

regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
VMPD,
Hows the sedona been driven? If its been doing stop start it might need a good clear out - a long motorway run at high revs with a full tank and some good injector cleaner (trade use Forte if you can get it). Mind you with your mileage it seems like your giving it plenty use. Have the injectors been cleaned utrasonically? normally its around £20 each. Your best bets probally to veto Kia and visit a Bosch or Lucas diesel service and let them give you an appraisal before you start on the pump.
Hope this helps - ECO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Feb 26 2005, 06:25 PM
I would suggest theres a turbo pipe collapsing before I thought fuel pump.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll give both suggestions a go first

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i'm ben i have just got the same problem fixed
remove injectors and check remove and fit new air filter and add forte fuel treatment then carry out a smoke test.that solved my probs.
about 115 quids worth of work and parts by the battery centre swansea

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a what sounds like the same problem with my carnival. It turned out that the new spark plug leads replaced at service were faulty and the engine was unable to access all cylinders under load. This was not discovered until I had replaced the fuel filter, the catalytic converter, two coils, had the injectors cleaned and had the fuel pump remived and inspected. I try the hard stuff first LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts