Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my picanto and cannot wait to get the keys. I've heard that the picanto suffers loss of power when going uphill and that the driver needs to switch off the air conditioning. Is this true?

EV

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hey EV,

I must disappoint you and confirm that I sometimes must switch off my A/C when going uphill. Practically all the time I'm travelling alone in my Pica as this is our car number 2 in our household.

E.g. when I'm driving home from my work, I'm hitting the highway after just 3 min drive. This means the "cold engine" light is still on. The runway to the highway is relatively short, appr. 500 metres, going uphill. Speed increasing from 0 - 110 km/h on this very short stretch.

It's impossible whatsoever to obtain more than 70 km/h when hitting the highway, unless I turn off my A/C. This annoyed me at the beginning, as my former cars were equipped with 1.6 and 2.0 litre engines.

Denmark is a very flat country but I certainly feel the A/C eating some 10 hp more or less. However, it's no problem for me as I'm getting used to this and have changed my driving pattern. The Pica is a great car :clap:

Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,
Kneeler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kneeler for your comprehensive reply.

I'm jsut wondering if your Overdrive is turned off when you are moving uphill?

EV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts