Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have lost power going up hill, but every indicator in the vehicle is normal except the temperature gage and it is reading between cool and midline. Also heater will not put out hot air. Had the cooling system completely redone to include new radiator recently. Have heard that bad thermostat could cause all of the indications above.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
Originally posted by captain crunch@Jan 14 2005, 11:39 AM
Recently I have lost power going up hill, but every indicator in the vehicle is normal except the temperature gage and it is reading between cool and midline. Also heater will not put out hot air. Had the cooling system completely redone to include new radiator recently. Have heard that bad thermostat could cause all of the indications above.
yes if the temp indicator is low or high it could be the thermostat stuck open or closed.
the speed thing the thermostat should make a difference in power though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
349 Posts
The temperature gage should read just a tick below halfway under normal conditions and engine fully warm. If it's lower than that and you have little heat then I agree the most likely cause is a stuck open thermostat.

But that shouldn't cause a noticeable power loss. Unless you've been driving around for a long time with this "cold" condition. If the engine cannot get up to normal operating temperature the fuel system will run rich. This wastes gas but more importantly can damage the cat convertor and O2 sensors. If you fix the "cold" condition and the power does not return I would suspect a clogged cat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts