Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got into an accident in which the front bumper got torn off and the radiator smashed in. Just got the car back from the body shop yesterday. Everything looked fine initially but as I was driving the hill assist, 4x4 warning, low tire pressure, and ABS warning lights all came on simultaneously as I went over a small bump in the road. Checked the tire pressure and brake fluid level and no issue. Later on, started the car and no warning lights remained on, however again went over a small bump and they came on again.

I'm 90% sure this is a loose connection but I don't know where to look. I checked and all the connectors/relays/fuses in both the engine compartment fuse box and the cabin fuse box were fine and not loose. Also checked the battery connectors and both seemed tight. Looking under the steering wheel I saw some connectors there and checked those for tightness too.

so question: where else can I check? In particular, where is ECU located? Could a connector seem tight and still have an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Andrew

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Why not just take it back to whoever "fixed it" and have them troubleshoot the connections? The guy who put it back together might be able to quickly eyeball it and see a loose connector flopping around.

Best,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts