Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing the 2021 hybrid. Does anyone have any input on things I should be aware of before I buy. Basically just wondering if you owners have anything that caused you to say "I wish I would have known this...." Also does anyone know is golf clubs fit in the trunk laterally? I have a GMC Terrain and I have to put the seats down just to transport my clubs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
86 Posts
I have the Hybrid EX. I wish it were offered in higher trims. The gas version goes up to SX-P which means you lose a lot of those creature comforts. It also has way more maintenance requirements than a Toyota hybrid (Highlander would be the direct competitor here). In other words, your lifetime running costs will be much less in a Highlander Hybrid.

All that being said, it drives great, and the EPA ratings are realistic. We drove a 1000 mi road trip between 70-75mph and averaged 35 mpg. When we are just putting around town we average between 38-41 mpg.

In hindsight, we probably should have gotten the Highlander Hybrid since saving money on lifetime operating costs was a factor for us. The EX Hybrid Sorento is about the same cost as the base LE Highlander Hybrid so on paper that gives the impression you are getting a better value with the Sorento. In reality though, the shorter maintenance intervals and additional maintenance items make the Sorento a much worse value proposition.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Look at the Hyundai Santa Fe Limited hybrid, out next month if you want more Features, AWD and don't want/need a 3rd row. Puts the Sorento stripper to shame......

·
Registered
2021 Sorento Hybrid EX White/Black
20 Posts
Yes the Santa Fe Limited will be nicer in terms of feature set. It will also be more expensive.The EX is hardly a stripper model even if they had a Prestige model, the EX and the S hybrids would have higher volume. When you are talking less than 20k sales est. a year it makes no sense to have three models.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
LOL....be happy with your stripper....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts