Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll,

Happy to join the forum. I am looking to get a new car after wrecking my 05 FX back in Dec of 2011. My friends are asking why am I downgrading to Kia? I really like to way the Sportage looks and the gas mileage on in. I was going to test drive it today until my friend who owns a older model Rondo talked me out of it. I'm married with 2 kids. I'm not looking to spent a lot of money on a fancy car. I've been doing some research on line and Sportage just made sense to me. I've also looked at the Hyundai Tucson but the extra hp on the sportage just can't be beat. My main concern is: Are Kias reliable? I know I sound kinda stupid. Can you guys help me decide, thanks

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
My wife and I bought our '11 SX just over a year and 10.000 miles ago and have had 0 problems. It is a great car with, as far as I know, the best warranty of any current car manufacturer. We have also had many people comment on the car's styling. As far as a family vehicle goes, it might be a bit short on interior storage room on long trips but it comes with roof rack bars which easily accomodate KIA's or a wide variety of other racks. I installed a Whispbar rack (aptly named) on ours. Also, the turbo provides all the additional power we need for passing, etc. Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is that you won't find a better equipped, warranted, good looking car for the money than the SX.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD/Premium/Nav
22 Posts
Mine has 8000 miles. I've had a rattle and alignment done on the car. The dealership has been great in getting things looked at.

I recently had my 7500 mile maint and not issues. I had the sportage SX since December! I do a lot of driving. This is my first Kia as well and so far I have been enjoying the car.

I have three kids and they fit pretty well in the back when running around town. If I do long trips, then I use my older Chevy Tahoe. I don't think you should have any problems with two kids. The trunk is a little smaller than what I wants Cnut it works for me.

I also looked at the new honda crv. It really didn't move me. I figure I take a chance with Kia. I like what the company has done and the risk they are taking to reinvent themselves. If the Sportage ends up being a maintenance nightmare, I most likely won't buy another, but for now they won my business!

Let me know if you have specific questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank to both of you for replying. I'm going to go to the local dealership and test drive it this Friday. Will update later. Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whooooooooooops, I misread the title of this thread and thought it was about the 2012 RIO SX. Sorry about that.

As for reliability I have two comments.

1. I'm a very picky guy and after 7 months I haven't found one problem with my 2012 RIO.

2. Do you think KIA could afford to sell their cars with a 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty if they didn't make quality cars?

Finally, our friend, who has a 2005 KIA which looks terrific, still loves her car. Remember, any car will have problems if you don't follow the recommended factory service intervals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts