Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into adding an OEM cruise control on my 2005 Spectra5, has anyone done so already that can share some tips /advice?

Im aware of the Rostra universal kit, but i prefer the OEM route, im pretty sure its possible.

What parts am i missing from this list?
Lever
Dash switch
controller + harness
underhood hardware

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
You will need to find a "donor" car.. The steering wheel contains the "control stalk" (that turns with the wheel) and the control wiring is also included in the "clock spring" within the steering wheel. I believe the original harnesses also do not have the "extra" wiring needed for the steering wheel to ECM, to servo, (under the hood that Pulls the throttle)...I'm sure it can be done if you are willing to pull harnesses,Steering clock spring,controls, servo, and the ECM from the "donor". The ECM is also the brains of the cruse (as well as the engine) unlike add on units and yours (ECM) will not be programed for this option by default.
Like you said I is possible but at what level of difficulty and is it worth it?
Dave

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, i wasnt looking to be pulling any harnesses out of a perfectly running car, i thought id just be adding or tapping into existing wiring. Well in that case, the Rostra universal kit might be the better solution for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts