Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 sedona lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add heated mirrors to my 2016 lx trim. I know the higher trims have them as standard, just wanting to know how difficult it would be to either order new mirrors that have the heat already there or would it be better to just switch out the glass with one with built in heat.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Sedona, 2012 Forte Koup, Two Sephia's (scraped)
45 Posts
Others can correct me but I would be looking at a aftermarket setup (non-Kia) for a 4-5 year old car. Usually the OEM (Kia) setup is "cost-prohibitive", or is not available. A recognized car detail shop may be able to direct you.
BTW - The hack is you can always cover them with a plastic freezer bag when you come home in the evening, just remember to do it. I believe Amazon sells some sort-of mirror cover also. However, also suggest that you may want to have your tires evaluated first.

·
Registered
2016 sedona lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Others can correct me but I would be looking at a aftermarket setup (non-Kia) for a 4-5 year old car. Usually the OEM (Kia) setup is "cost-prohibitive", or is not available. A recognized car detail shop may be able to direct you.
BTW - The hack is you can always cover them with a plastic freezer bag when you come home in the evening, just remember to do it. I believe Amazon sells some sort-of mirror cover also. However, also suggest that you may want to have your tires evaluated first.
I bought used, dealership installed 4 brand new tires as per my request. I will have to try freezer bags

·
Registered
2018 Sedona, 2012 Forte Koup, Two Sephia's (scraped)
45 Posts
Suggest you google:" car mirror covers", for examples.
or just use the freezer bags and get a small bungee cord to wrap around the mirror to keep the bag in place so the wind doesn't blow the bag off.
It's a pain in the butt but at least you can see in the morning and its better then trying to melt the mirror with the palm of your hand January morning at 5am. good luck.

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
245 Posts
Anything is possible if you throw enough money and time into it. Whether the benefit is worth your effort and expenditure is up to you. At the minimum, you will have to buy a pair replacement mirrors that match your body color. If you happen to find them on ebay from salvage cars, great. Otherwise, they are expensive.

Once you have the mirrors, you'll have to integrate the controls into your Sedona. That means you'll have to study the wiring diagrams and figure out the differences. More than likely the remote control for mirror position should retrofit fairly easily, but your van likely will not have the heater control hardware (switch, wiring, connectors, etc.), so you will either have to source those as well, or rig up a separate power source and switch.

·
Registered
2017 Sedona LX+
121 Posts
go to a junk yard, get the mirrors and switch, perhaps some of the wiring harness/plug connected to the mirrors and switch. The wiring aspect will the the most difficulty part, but not impossible.

There's also heating elements you can insert in between your mirror frame and glass, the wiring will be simpler, but will be running through an aftermarket switch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was mad when I realized my mirrors wouldnt defog on the LX... what a deal breaker, if I knew I would have got another brand (or maybe a higher trim) altogether !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts