Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and looking at the Sorento and the new Sportage...anyone have any goods or bads to share with me?? Thanks! :57:

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I have got a 04 Sorento LX. 12,000 miles on it. I travel 60 miles a day. No problems here. It is fun to drive. I have heard the Sportage is pretty nice too. I havnt seen one yet to really give you my opinon on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have had my Sorento since Sept 04 - Great vehichle. First service was $0. They were even nice at the dealer service center. For the cost that was $15000 - $20 000 less than the lexus R300 my Sorrento EX is just as good or better. The gas milage is not as bad as quoted but not the greatest it sure isn't a corrola.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Sorento is our first move into 4WD and it has been a great move. The car runs well, handles easily and gives a nice ride. Tows like a dream as well (17ft caravan). Pulls looks as well, it is the first time that I've had a car that people have stopped me to ask about it.

The new Sportage is pretty, no outside spare wheel either which is a big plus. The only two things I would like to see changed are that the passenger seat should be electrically operated and the radio aerial should be a windscreen based rather than external version.

Get one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by juj@Feb 19 2005, 06:50 AM
New to the site and looking at the Sorento and the new Sportage...anyone have any goods or bads to share with me?? Thanks! :57:
I am in the same boat as you - looking at both.

My wife likes the new sportage better than the sorento & I prefer the sorento. On test driving both I prefer the feel of the sorento, it drives like a 4x4. The sportage is a nice drive too but feels more like a car.

More space in the sorento although the interior quality of the sportage is far better than the sorento. Big price difference too.
For £18000 you get the base model sorento with light grey cloth and air con.
For £16000 you get the ES sportage with leather, climate, sunroof, privacy glass & more.

They are 2 very different 4x4's
I'd put the sorento in with the X5, ML, Range Rover class
the sportage is more of a CRV, RAV4, X-Trail

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a new '05 Sorento. It is fun to drive and it looks great. Sure I had the two glitches everyone talks about, but the dealer fixed them both. The only thing I can say about the Sportage is that it is too entry level and I hate the term "Entry level' as it infers that you can somehow buy it and trade up to something better someday as if will miraculously hold it's value. Okay, I'm a snob, but buying a Sportage instead of a Sorento says, I can't afford anything better. I think the Sorento is every bit as nice as the Lexus RX 300 :closedeyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by 19phil67@Feb 21 2005, 04:53 AM
More space in the sorento although the interior quality of the sportage is far better than the sorento.
I have to strongly disagree with you on that point. I looked at both and found the Sportage interior kind of cheap looking by comparison.

I think most people would agree with me as well. Why else would we be hearing comparison after comparison between the Sorento's interior and that of the Lexus RX 300?

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with the Sportage's interior - compared to other small SUVs. But it doesn't hold a candle to the Sorento.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts