Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to share their ideas on what inexpensive DIY mods would be good for my Shuma. I've already debadged the back, and fitted a large bore trim on the exhaust. I'm planning on meshing the front grille.

I am interested in any mods you have done interior or exterior, but would be particularly interested in anything you have done with the small slot underneath the stereo head unit, I've just got a sort of plastic open fronted box there that isnt much use for anything.

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really open to any suggestions, I've seen so many nice modded kia's on this forum it's hard to know where to start.

I'm not that bothered about engine mods, I want to concentrate on exterior and interior. I'm already planning to alter the front grille, and possibly add some graphics. I would love a body kit but you just cant get them in the UK, and I cant afford to bring one over from the US.

This is mod on a tight budget.

I would love suggestions on how to economically make the car look better both outside and inside.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Reactions: Paranormal

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK these are the sort of things I'm looking for:

Area below the CD head unit presently has a plastic shelf - I would like to do something different in there.

Front grille, Ive changed my mind from meshing now, I wouldnt mind using a koeran kia badge on there and something else- any offers?????

side repeaters, are they worth changing to clear ones? If so how to you get them off?

Maybe a few subtle graphics

I am really open to absolutely ANY suggestions, as long as they don't cost much to achieve

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done the debadging on the rear, and I've got my eye on some clear repeaters on ebay. I think I need to have orange bulbs in them over here in the UK though. Now for that damned shelf under the stereo.........

·
Registered
27 Posts
heres a site that has dash kits & a spoiler on sale in the uk http://www.caressentials.co.uk/clearance_c...r/kia_stock.htm
that might be a little more pricey that what you wanna spend, but if i were you, id just save up a little money & get something really nice.
as far as the thingie in the dash, i keep mine to put stuff in but it would be cool as a modification lighting switch conslole or something like that. or you could just pull out the box in there, get a flat piece of plastic or something fitted to the front of that space, & get something engraved on it, or even some kinda vinyl graphic logo or something....i dunno just a thought :D

·
Registered
3 chevy trucks 89-93 06 Charger SRT8 06 Kia Sorento 04 Optima
20 Posts
slot below radio is a cancellation for a double din radio. save up pull the radio and that shelf thing, put in a nice Nav screen or double din stereo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts