Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I know this is a subject that has been talked about a lot, but I am looking for Forte 2013 owners who feel they have consumption issues.

From what I have found so far, almost 50% of owners feel their Forte consummes more than it should.

In my case, I can't get below 12L/100 KM, with mostly city drive. I know Canadian numbers are totally irrealistic but still, my consumption represents 50% more than what the government rated and I feel it's time we get the government to do something about its totally unreal figures. In today's market, the fuel consumption is one important factor and I think we should get figures that are a bit closer to reality...

You can either send me your info in a private message or add the details in this thread.

I am not looking for your complete story, just the kind of drive you have (ie 30% highway, 70% city) and your fuel consumption.

This might be a long shot, but if we don't put pressure on our government to change the tests they do for tests that are closer to reality, things might never change.

Thanks to all,

Ben

Forte5 2013 with 85% city, 15% highway - 12.5L/100 KM

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
City driving in my 2011 is awful. I'm sitting around 14 in the city and we don't drive with a heavy foot.

However, highway driving, after the initial tank, drops to 7.5-8.0L/100km.

Throttle response is way too touchy imo and is probably half the reason people get such bad mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts