Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks to be in good shape from an online perspective minus a broken interior door handle on the drivers side that they have the replacement for. I’m set up to meet up with them and have a full inspection by a mechanic tomorrow, what should I look for? 145,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
If they don't have the maintenance records confirming that all maintenance has been done on time, and the timing belt has been replaced, walk away.

Did you forget to mention the mileage?

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
Considering 2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
Sedona '02
142 Posts
Thought I put it in the title

145,000 miles
Check maintenance records. If no timing belt done, do not buy if you don't know how to do it.
Timing belt job can be $1000.

Do not buy if you hear any engine knock. If they neglected oil change or low oil, it can ruin crank bearing and kill the engine.
The Mitsubishi licensed 3.5L engine is a decent engine, but has to be maintained.

Most important items in a car are the Engine and Transmission.
Even minor stuff can be fixed on an engine on a drive way. But, transmission is the most complicated thing and expensive.
Everything else can be replaced or repaired on a car.
Decide accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts