Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel Peak Scenic Area, NM > Austin, Tx
+1000 miles, 15 hours (the open air filter added 1-2mpg)

This has been my third +1000 road trip in the Rio5. Seven and a half months, going on 18,000 miles, hauling a couple of hundred pounds of gear. I think the only issue I have is...I wish the cargo area was about 6" longer, and the seats laid flatter when folded down. I'd leave the tent at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Y'know, it was weird. Seems like when I got into the higher altitudes (+6000'), the mileage improved. At first, she didn't like the thin air (neither did I), but after a day or two, she settled down. Hard to figure fuel mileage in the country I was driving in, though. Mountains one minutes, flatlands next. Just guessing, probably 38mpg or so.

I like yer fancy blue lights...

(You should see her after a night of parking under an Arizona Ash.)

Attachments

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
The highest altitude I've driven in is around 850m, and thats basically down the road from here.
Pretty decent consumption, though, considering!

Yeah, they gave off an excellent white light when combined with the 100W halogen globes.
Pretty much a must for the amount of driving I do, combined with the local wildlife! :S

Post a pic? :p

·
Registered
Kia Rio LX
21 Posts
Just got done earlier this week with a trip from central Florida to the Shiloh battlefield in Tennessee, 13 hrs each way around 1800mi round trip. It wasn't too bad, but had to jump off the interstate for quite a bit to get there and back. Average around 35mpg mixed, did best mpg keeping at 60-65mph the only major change in elevation was around Birmingham AL, also the place with the major f'ed up interstate roads. I thought my fillings were getting rattled out of my head there. Otherwise the car handled the trip great.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first long ride, I was kinda leery about driving 80 for sustained distances, but I was quite surprised (and please) at how well this car does on the interstate. I've quit bitching about the cloth seats (stain *very* easily), and just enjoy the ride now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts