Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Sedona EX lease that is about to expire. it has 100,000 km on it.

Thinking about buying it out and keeping it .

There is no real long term reliability data due to this being the first year for the North Amercian version.

Any one out there have any high milieage experience in terms of what I might expect ?

Mine has been reliable except for headlight lamps that have a very short life.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Depends on whether you are going to use KIA to continue maintaining it or if you are lucky enough to have a trusty local garage.

100k kms was 'timing belt' time so if it wasn't done under lease it will certainly cost you now.

My Sedona has done 91k miles and the only worn things I am aware of are anti-roll bar bushes, noisey struts ( see the large post on this NG about this ), front discs , and I think the transmission driveshafts are a bit slack.

I am expecting the 2.9 diesel engine to soldier on much longer than the reast of the car though...... :57:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Olie,

Do, Do, Do, extend your warranty if you can, you won't regret it.

If your's is the gas version, on this forum alone there are a handfull of unhappy Sedona owners with screwed engines at around your mileage.

Timing belt if it hasn't been done is a swine of a job and exspensive if it's anything like the diesel and at 100,000km it's due----soon!.

Get the other belts done at the same time, infact have a full service but what ever you do, see to that belt and oh yeh, cost in a decent set of tyres at some time.
Seacam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Sedona LX with 95K km and the lease is also about to expire. I don't think I'll be buying it out based on my experience dealing with Kia Canada and the Customer Service at their dealerships. It is simply atrocious!! I've had 3 cracked windshields of which 2 were replaced within the first 5 months of owning the vehicle, tires that had to be replaced within the first year, an alternator that was just replaced, an a/c that has just gone, numerous blown headlights and other issues such as broken headrest pins and rust spots. The vehicle itself is a beautiful ride and although the gas consumption may appear to be a bit high, it is acceptable because the Sedona is a heavy vehicle after all. Having said that, it's a pity that Kia Canada doesn't service their customers a bit better because they would have more repeat customers. I've read far too many similar complaints on this vehicle and the lack of concern on Kia's part to even think of getting another vehicle from them. I anticipate bigger problems when my warranty runs out and before I get stuck with paying for major repairs I'll be paying it out early and returning the van. Sorry guys but you need to improve a whole lot before you'll see me through your doors again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts