Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello sportage fans

I got trouble code that says: Long Term Fuel Trim Low. Fitted new O2 sensor, but still got the trouble code. Sometimes it is hard to start the car, no matter if engine is cold or hot. Very rarely idles at 500rpm. After reving, idles normal ~800rpm. It has something to do with air/fuel mixture, but I cant detect which sensor is bad.

Engine is 2l 16V 128hp petrol with lpg. Mileage is 156 000 km.

Here is some data from sensors:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hi Pofkis,

On the US model Sporty here, there are (2) fuses in the passenger cabin fuse panel for O2 sensors, would check and make sure both fuses are good ..

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GottaCruise, I will definetely check that out.

I am thinking know that if accelerator is pushed all the way, what exactly is reading of tps? 100%? So if rev almost half, 2720 rpm as in the picture? Shouldnt it show ~40-45%?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
GottaCruise, I will definetely check that out.

I am thinking know that if accelerator is pushed all the way, what exactly is reading of tps? 100%? So if rev almost half, 2720 rpm as in the picture? Shouldnt it show ~40-45%?
re: TPS reading, it varies by vehicle, but from the pics posted I see:

Engine RPM: 720 (idle, is a little low vs. here, which is 800 RPM)
TPS: 14.1 % (have seen idle values from 12% - 15%)
Timing Advance: 6(d)+ (good, exactly where it should be)
MAF Airflow: 2.59 (g/s) / .34 (lb/m) (good, measure .4 lb/m here)

** Short Term fuel trim: 25% (That is WAY too lean, this should be in the range of -1.0 to +1.0 at idle! **

** Long Term fuel trim: -7% (This is too rich, but may be a function of the ECM over-compensating for an extremely lean fuel condition..)

--
Recommend fixing the secondary (Bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 sensor so it is reading correctly,

then RESET the ScanMaster ELM software LTFT value stored by the software product to (0.00), see if the LTFT value comes back in-line with expected..

If no joy, and still showing 20% - 25% positive (lean) on LTFT, it indicates low fuel pressure and/or fuel starvation at the fuel rail: post back, will try to help..

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,692 Posts
The posted info is redundant..

The ECT is sitting at 161*f, needs to attain 180*f, with the ECU in CL and maintain CL at idle and at 2000rpm under load (diving).... until the ECU sees the correct temp it will fuel for cold running (rich)....

The MAF seems to be running low, clean the filter and the MAF sensor...(but, could be false reading).. Philip

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There was nothing to clean on maf sensor, but still wiped everything with alcohol. Car has only one O2 sensor. Scan master also shows that only one O2 sensor is present. Dont have a screenshot for that one. I will heat up engine to proper temperature and post the reading here. Its a shame that obd connector is under the bonnet so I cant drive and read data at the same time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got couple new symptoms:
sometimes rpm at idle jumps, not much, between 600-900rpm. Sometimes engine idles good. Disconnected maf, rpm still jumping, cleaned idle air control actuator. No improvement. Bad throttle position sensor?

And very strange thing happened: I tried revving engine, pushed till metal, engine started revving and at ~3500rpm it just stopped increasing rpm, then rpm dropped and started climbing again. Then I lifted my foot from the pedal. That happened two times out of three.

I warmed up engine to the temperature that is good enough.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Greetings,

I don't see a valid MAF reading on the last set you posted..

Was the MAF hooked up during this reading snapshot? (If it was, please re-check the wiring connector at the MAF.)

--
Uneven idle can have several causes, but would recommend as a basic starting point to check all vacuum hoses / ports on the Intake Manifold, the PCV valve and hose connection, and the

** Fuel Pressure Regulator ** vacuum hose and connection to the Intake manifold, to rule out a loose / damaged vacuum hose to the FPR causing the readings posted to-date,

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts