Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to add my praise to this nifty little car.
I just bought my 2001 Kia Sportage (5 speed standard) a few months ago and decided to test it on a long trip. I took my 86 year old mother to Chihuahua to visit relatives. Also with us my wife and her best friend.
We took the scenic route from Vancouver, BC through Moab, Utah and Taos, New Mexico and back through eastern Nevada and Oregon. A total of 5,400 miles in 3 weeks. Averaged 28 miles per gallon (Imperial gallons) and didn't burn a drop of oil. Absolutely no trouble and considerable comfort despite 4 adults in a small car. Cruise control was a godsend. An amazing little car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by elyot@Nov 19 2004, 10:04 AM
Just wanted to add my praise to this nifty little car.
I just bought my 2001 Kia Sportage (5 speed standard) a few months ago and decided to test it on a long trip. I took my 86 year old mother to Chihuahua to visit relatives. Also with us my wife and her best friend.
We took the scenic route from Vancouver, BC through Moab, Utah and Taos, New Mexico and back through eastern Nevada and Oregon. A total of 5,400 miles in 3 weeks. Averaged 28 miles per gallon (Imperial gallons) and didn't burn a drop of oil. Absolutely no trouble and considerable comfort despite 4 adults in a small car. Cruise control was a godsend. An amazing little car.
I bought a 2002 sportage with 32,000 mile on it and i love it it sure beats the blazer that i had before onlu getting 10-14 mpg in town i think that they are great machines see ya have fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts