Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attempting to log in from the opening page of this forum, I get a message saying "Security problem - click back then refresh and try again" (or something similar to that).
The Back button on the browser is greyed out, so I've tried just refreshing, only to get the same message.

However, if I click Reply to a post, I get to the Register/Already Have an Account? page, and can log in from there.

The problem occurs whether or not I am using a VPN.

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
307 Posts
What browser are you using ? I'm blaming it on my Firefox browser settings..
Same logon error here, on various screens, I change screen by going back to 'Sorento Forums' screen then pick a year range, or sometimes from within a year range forum go to a thread. Sooner or later the error message goes away and I can log on.. I'm running Firefox 73.0 64 bit, but was the same on 72.0.2 64 bit , Since I run with very tight privacy and security browser settings plus my network uses a VPN, I very often get weird site messages or no responses from different websites. I do carry other wide open browsers If I really need to access or test a sites operation. From this site it's Logon error.
As a sidebar even with all cookies blocked I only rarely receive the 'Cookies disabled warning' when accessing the Sorento forum pages (not logging on).

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,320 Posts
73.0 (64) here as well, using NordVPN and with a hosts file that whacks 99% of the stuff I don't want to see. No issues here with login -- just another data point for you guys.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
73.0 (64) here as well, using NordVPN and with a hosts file that whacks 99% of the stuff I don't want to see. No issues here with login -- just another data point for you guys.
Have been using v72, and it is tightly buttoned up. Don't understand why the problem disappears when I just reply to a post, rather than trying to login when I first go to the site but, so be it.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,320 Posts
Might be worth a selective cookie wipe on just those related to this forum. You'll have to log in once no matter what after that, of course, but it might 'stick'. Had similar problems here a couple of years ago, or it may have been the sister Hyundai site using the same software. At one point, it would show me logged out in the top right, but knew who I was for reading and posting purposes, or sometimes the other way around where I appeared in the upper right to be logged in, but it wouldn't let me post because I wasn't (?) logged in. A kia-forums (or Hyundai, whichever it was at the time) cookie wipe finally got things back in sync.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still a mystery. Just now, it wouldn't let me reply, gave the same security message. FF is set up to wipe all cookies upon closing. Tried with VPN on and off. Tried with Safari and no VPN. Same problem.
Back to FF with a NYC VPN location and everything suddenly works.
Thanks for the suggestions -- at this point, I believe it is up to the people running the forum/site to figure it out.

·
Administrator
Kia Spectra
2,446 Posts
Hello all,

Our team has a bit of a backlog so sorry for any delayed responses. I would try clearing your cache and sticking to a modern browser such as Firefox and Chrome

Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

Jeff M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts