Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Kia Soul that I love, as I'm sure most of you do :)

I'm also a bit of a gun nut, and have taken over the lower compartments to store long rifles, ammo, and such. That being said, I'd like to lock the rear lower compartment.

I've done some quick searching for an aftermarket solution, possible a sturdier "lid" with a locking option... but haven't found much, if anything.

I'm considering creating a customer solution with latches on the sides that would twist out and lock the first two "slats" of the lid down, allowing me to open the rearmost slat to access tools etc.

Sounds like a good idea in my head, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tried/looked into something like this. Just looking for a bit of input really, and hoping that someone will reply with a mysteriously well hidden web link that I couldn't find to the mecca of Kia Soul catalog's!

I know with my old Jeeps, I had various parts and accessory catalog's that came by mail monthly, is there anything similar in the Soul world?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If there is I have never seen them. I wish there was but maybe the Soul is just too new. I have a Jeep as well as the Soul and there is a HUGE after market for them almost endless, but of course they have been around for decades. There is SSD Performance which seems to specialize in Souls but they are an on line store, no catalogs as far as I know.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul +
34 Posts
If you were in the Chicago area I'd bring you to my fab shop and create you something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts