Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Purchased an EV6 Wind used. For the most part I've figured it out (I think). One thing I cannot seem to get a handle on is the door locks.

My EV6 seems to have mechanical handles that have an oval indent in them. I'm under the impression that I should be able to lock/unlock the car by touching that indentation when the fob is in my pocket. This doesn't work - nothing happens when I touch that oval.

Any advice? I really don't want to have to use the lock/unlock buttons on the fob if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance,
Tim in Nashville

· Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out - one really needs to "press" that oval. Not just touch it - like my other cars. Now it works - I am happy!

Overall the EV6 is a damn nice car.

· Registered
'22 EV6 Wind RWD, '22 Veloster N
16 Posts
Figured it out - one really needs to "press" that oval. Not just touch it - like my other cars. Now it works - I am happy!

Overall the EV6 is a damn nice car.
Good job with it. The oval is just an indication of where to press - the unlock mechanism is a small button behind the handle.

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD
6 Posts
I have the GT-Line, and with that, you simply touch the oval indentation, or even slide your hand along it, to lock the car. No need to press.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts