Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 97 Kia sportage, 4wd. The cam locking hubs were not working so I bought some manual locking hubs - the brand is 4wd Pro. They are apparently an OE replacement. They came with not instructions.

I was trying to install it but i am unsure if I just place it on (after the removing the old hubs) or if I need to install some sort of locking plate like you do with the warn hubs. In front of the wheel bearing is the fixed cam assembly and locking nut - with the warn hubs these are removed and replaced with a the fixed plate. Do I just put the hub on an not worry about that with my 4wd pro hubs as they did not come with them?

Also if anyone has any information on what the fixed cam assembly actually does that would be useful.
Thank you
Jon-Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears that they may be clones of the AVM locking hubs. Does anyone have experience with installing those?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It appears that they may be clones of the AVM locking hubs. Does anyone have experience with installing those?
Greetings,

No experience w/ the AVM hubs, sorry.

This link is for the AVM product:

Products AVM

contact info at the bottom of the page - suggest email'ing AVM to see if they can send you a PDF copy of the (460) series installation sheet.

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts