Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX 6M 5-door
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes I like to start my car and go back inside. like if.the inside of the Windows are froze. I can't figure it out. I have two remotes

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6, Regency Red, Built in Georgia March 16, 2016 - Bought it April 28th, 2016
461 Posts
Can't use the remotes to lock/unlock my running 2013 Sonata - I assume same logic programmed into your Rio.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't use the remotes to lock/unlock my running 2013 Sonata - I assume same logic programmed into your Rio.
it's annoying. I know the cars computers prevent you locking yourself out. but even the key wont manually lock the door from the outside when it's running. I just need a way to run the car and walk away and lock the doors. Might have to start pulling fuses? but then the key might still not work.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Why must you re-lock it after it is already running? Extraordinarily high crime rate in your neighborhood? If it's running, I would imagine you aren't going to be too far away from it....
-
Maybe you could try holding the door switch in the door jamb, hit the lock button on the door, and then shut it. Don't know if that would work or not.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6, Regency Red, Built in Georgia March 16, 2016 - Bought it April 28th, 2016
461 Posts
it's annoying. I know the cars computers prevent you locking yourself out. but even the key wont manually lock the door from the outside when it's running. I just need a way to run the car and walk away and lock the doors. Might have to start pulling fuses? but then the key might still not work.
An aftermarket remote start might do the trick but now we're talking $500+

·
Registered
461 Posts
Why must you re-lock it after it is already running? Extraordinarily high crime rate in your neighborhood? If it's running, I would imagine you aren't going to be too far away from it....
It's a Canadian tradition to not make our running cars an easy target for "unintened acceleration". Plus it is very difficult to explain to your insurance company why your car was stolen and found crashed with the keys in the ignition. :innocent:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a Canadian tradition to not make our running cars an easy target for "unintened acceleration". Plus it is very difficult to explain to your insurance company why your car was stolen and found crashed with the keys in the ignition. :innocent:
exactly. yes I live in a city of a million people. plus my car doubles as my portable office. I park on the street in front of my apartment building so car is out of.sight.

why do I start it? because lately the inside of the Windows frost up bad. probably because I have short commutes and its been snowing a lot and I some times leave the car for days at a time. I know on our van the spare remote works fine when the van is running.

I will play around with a bit and see if I can find a way.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
I would research:
1. pulling a dedicated door lock fuse from the panel (if exists)
2. or pulling just the driver's door lock motor electrical connector

In theory, all you would have then is a manual lock/unlock driver door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts