Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me, is there Lock out hubs available for a 2000 kia sportage? And where can I purchase them also I want to tow this car behind my motorhome,it is 4 wd and automatic...I would like to know if anyone has put a trans oiler on theirs and where did they purchase it from,just could use some good info,as I really dont want to part with this rig if I dont have too, I am aware I could drop driveshaft and put it on a tow dolly, but would prefer any other method than that...Thanking you for any input.....Ray G

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
195 Posts
Do you mean factory hubs? If you have your owners manual, it gives you instructions on how to tow. Cheers

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
649 Posts
Can anyone tell me, is there Lock out hubs available for a 2000 kia sportage? And where can I purchase them also I want to tow this car behind my motorhome,it is 4 wd and automatic...I would like to know if anyone has put a trans oiler on theirs and where did they purchase it from,just could use some good info,as I really dont want to part with this rig if I dont have too, I am aware I could drop driveshaft and put it on a tow dolly, but would prefer any other method than that...Thanking you for any input.....Ray G
If you mean manual hubs, WARN makes them and you can get them off AMAZON.COM.

The manual transmission transfer case had a neutral position, however, the auto does not. I do not know if you could hold the transfer case shift lever over with a bungee cord if it would keep it in a neutral position or not. I know that you are supposed to drive a sportage being towed every 500 miles per the owners manual (I think).:confused:
I put a universal trans oil cooler on a 97 I had. Put it in front of the AC condenser. I found the line from the transmission to the radiator and cooled the oil between the transmission and the radiator. This was to allow the oil to warm up and not be too cold. :mellow:

Just my 2 cents!!!:cool:

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
2000 Sportage EX 4x4 A/T, 2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain
184 Posts
Never tried it myself, but what about unlocking hubs, putting the rear wheels on the dolly, and locking the steering wheel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts