Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
202 Posts
I've never heard of catalytic system cleaner or why it would be necessary.

Assuming it's a legit need... does it not have instructions on the bottle? I would imagine if it is to be mixed with fuel, you would just pour it into the fuel tank.

·
Registered
USA KIA Sedona 2019 LX/EX. 3.3L V6 FI DOHC 24V NF4, Gasoline, vin: KNDMB5C14K6510882, FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
Please, where I inject this cleaner?

View attachment 114757

View attachment 114753

View attachment 114754

Thank you.
I've never heard of catalytic system cleaner or why it would be necessary.

Assuming it's a legit need... does it not have instructions on the bottle? I would imagine if it is to be mixed with fuel, you would just pour it into the fuel tank.
Hello
Thank you sir. This is some application instruction:

ApplicationPour additive into the LIQUI MOLY Pump-spray Bottle (part no. 3316). Pump up the pump-spray bottle. Establish access to the intake tract, ideally behind the turbocharger. Please note that the access must be located immediately behind the air-flow sensor. Start the engine and spray the additive into the intake tract at short intervals while the engine is at moderate speed (2,000-3,000 rpm). If the speed does not begin to fluctuate, the intervals between spraying can be lengthened. If the speed fluctuates sharply (<700 rpm), shorten the intervals between spraying. For fine atomization, check regularly that the pump-spray bottle has sufficient residual pressure. LIQUI MOLY cannot offer any warranty if the product is not used as specified in the product information or if dosing systems other than those indicated here are used. It is the responsibility of the user alone to verify the suitability of alternative dosing systems. To ensure optimum cleaning of the fuel system, we recommend adding Catalytic-System Clean (part no. 7110) to the fuel immediately after applying the additive. This will safeguard the cleanness of the complete engine system including the exhaust gas system.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,865 Posts
Very unlikely that any product such as this could restore the performance of a Catalytic Converter, but if you're going to use it, search for a vacuum connection on the intake manifold that you could temporarily remove to give access to the spray.

What made you decide that this was required?

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
139 Posts
YouTube has all you Liqui Moly answers.

"I'm not a doctor," but I've never seen anything aimed specifically at the cats; however, I have seen lots of discussion, techniques and products relating to intake-/combustion-cleaning needs of GDI motors in general. For example, CRC makes a "GDI Intake Valve Cleaner." Some folks swear by Seafoam. Lots of technical discussion on BITOG (google it), and YouTube has GDI demonstrations and discussions, lots of "How To" videos, and lots of reviews and comparisons of various products related to GDI motors.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,865 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 14, Sedona 17 LX+
31 Posts
3 months ago in this thread P0420 and P0430 errors at the same time you were getting codes P0420 and P0430 on your brand new 2019, and asked what they meant.

My reply was "Google those codes and you will see they are related to the catalytic converter/ oxygen sensor / fuel system problem. This will be covered under warranty."

That was the end of the thread. What happened in the last 3 months that lead to wanting to use this cleaner product?

Have you gone to a dealer and had them look at it, and diagnose the true problem? Really, it will be covered under the emissions warranty, unless there has been some kind of gross abuse such as using totally incorrect fuel in the Sedona, etc. in which case dumping this "cleaner" in isn't going to solve a real problem on a nearly-new car.

And can you confirm your signature - this Sedona is located in Iraq?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts