Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 Borrego 4X4 EX V8. I'm trying to install a break controller but can't find the connector.I read that is supposed to be by the parking break. Does anyone have a picture of the location?

·
Registered
2009 Borrego EX 4x4 V8
1 Posts
If you are still looking for a reply, yes the brake controller wiring harness connection is located under the dash near the parking brake. I don't have a picture but I do seem to remember having to fish it out from behind a cavity behind the parking brake and it took a bit of doing. You should also consider moving the 7 way connector for the trailer wiring closer to the hitch. I found the factory location to be too far under the vehicle and a sharp right turn would pull on the trailer wiring. It was easy to do as there was a fair amount of wire to play with so I ended up clamping it to the frame near the hitch receiver.

·
Registered
'09 Kia Borrego Limited V8 2WD, '08 Kia Rondo, '09 Honda Fit, '67 Chevy PU
33 Posts
Hi anasby195,

Did you find your brake controller pigtail? I put a brake controller on my new to me Borrego in December. That darn pigtail was buried behind the plastic panel just to the left of the parking brake. I hope you are good to go!

Take care,

Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts