Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My Kia Sorento is 3 months old with 6000 miles and it is with the original dealer I bought the car from for coolant leak issues. The dealer is KiA Sacramento

I was told kia does not give loaner cars.... Am I being taken or shouldnt the dealer give me car since my car is in service for 4-5 days ?

What is your reading and experience in to such situations

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
7 Posts
When my Kia Sorento was in for service overnight, my dealer here in Cincinnati arranged for a rental from Enterprise, on their dime. (The rental was a bottom-of-the-line compact car (non-Kia), but at least I had a car while the Sorento was in the shop.) I don't know if that's Kia standard practice, but I think it's my dealer's standard practice for longer repair jobs.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
My dealer gave me a loaner car they had on the lot while mine was getting its oil leak fixed. It was an 06 Kia Spectra. Nothing special but it got the job done.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
583 Posts
I always get to use a loaner car (usually what they have on the lot) whenever I bring my sorento for repair.

Luckily, there hasn't been a time I had to leave it in the dealership for days.

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
It's not KIA but your dealer who is dogging you. Put your foot down and demand one on their dime!

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
Never got one here either. Max days in the shop was four, and wasn't offered a thing. I was quite annoyed.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,589 Posts
It's not KIA but your dealer who is dogging you. Put your foot down and demand one on their dime!
Your wrong there...if we don't have a loaner here on our lot, and a customers car is down....we rent a car for the customer, and bill Kia for it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,947 Posts
cobra259...
But then of course you work for a Great KIA Dealership...
Not all dealers will side with their customers...
I'd bet your Dealership gets return customers also!
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To make this a bigger irritant the car seemed to have a leaky gasket only. This I guess would a .50 cent part that could have been replaced the same day had they diagnosed it properly. I lost 5 days and 2.5 working days coz they dint do a proper through check. No loaner, improper diagnostic...bought my car from the same dealer 3 months back. Stinks...Somebody is going to hear something from me when I go in to take my car. :confused::eek:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
To make this a bigger irritant the car seemed to have a leaky gasket only. This I guess would a .50 cent part that could have been replaced the same day had they diagnosed it properly. I lost 5 days and 2.5 working days coz they dint do a proper through check. No loaner, improper diagnostic...bought my car from the same dealer 3 months back. Stinks...Somebody is going to hear something from me when I go in to take my car. :confused::eek:
The best thing you can do is call Kia. I did and they helped me out. Believe it or not, when you call you actually talk to a human being.

They offered to call my dealer and sort things out when I had issues. I'm sure they will do much more for you.

Give it a try!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
This thread is extremely interesting to me, when my 2004 was in the shop repairing the crankshaft bolt I wasn't given a loaner because I they pulled the "You didn't purchase your KIA at this dealership" card on me...I didn't pursue it much more than that because well I had a plan B even though we didn't have a second vehicle but this time I made sure they couldn't pull this card, but since purchasing our second Sorento now at our local dealership they are very accommodating thus far but I only had to bring it in for the remote start and they gave me a loaner for the day.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,589 Posts
cobra259...
But then of course you work for a Great KIA Dealership...
Not all dealers will side with their customers...
I'd bet your Dealership gets return customers also!
Dave
Good point Dave!!! LOL

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX GDI AWD Bright Silver, 2012 Rio LX+ GDI Clear White
63 Posts
Bitch to Kia Customer Service. For a lengthy repair, especially under warranty, a loaner car should be provided.

I had a experience with a old 2000 Volvo V70 XC that I had to tow to the Volvo dealer for a lost set of keys and fob, thus needing to order and reprogram that only dealers can do. It take a few days to order the correct keys so I'm out of car but they offered me a loaner car. However, at the end of the day, there are no one available in their lot so they called Entreprise Car Rental to pick a loaner but their inventory was also very slim. I ended up with a Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel :eek: All this was billed to the dealer and I didn't pay a dime and that's some great service (normal charge for a loaner car is 24$ per day but they waived it because the reprogramming dragged for 3 days due to their technician not showing to work).

IMHO, a good dealer would work hard to accomodate customers with their needs because they are either paying for the work or it's paid by Kia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts