Kia Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
I posted an example from the Honda Element forum of how well-organized the forum could become. The example setup would alleviate a lot of the confusion on where to find things and what belongs where, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
Interesting, I'm not sure if which I like more, the open or closed look.
I wrapped mine with some carbon fiber look vinyl before installing them.

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Interesting, I'm not sure if which I like more, the open or closed look.
It wouldn’t benefit me, but my passengers always mention it (especially my dad). I don’t have it, but saw it’s been installed on these forums so it makes the list.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
It wouldn’t benefit me, but my passengers always mention it (especially my dad). I don’t have it, but saw it’s been installed on these forums so it makes the list.
My wife will put stuff in the pocket on road trips and when we stop, things would fly out when she closed the door but not anymore 🤣

At least it wasn't as bad as the previous gen Sorento. Anything you put there would immediately fall right to the floor. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
New OEM find added for anyone without paddle shifters, may need more investigation on compatibility. Maybe some of the Kia techs on here may know if this will work with anything that has the WDCT?

Watch Jaw Gesture Font Elbow

Reactions: HaymakerBaker

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
New OEM find added for anyone without paddle shifters, may need more investigation on compatibility. Maybe some of the Kia techs on here may know if this will work with anything that has the WDCT?

View attachment 120852
lol the hybrid EX has paddle shifters and I have no idea why. There is no tach, no gear indicator, and most of the time I can't tell if the trans is shifting or if the car is switching between gas and battery. One of these days I'm gonna be making a hard turn hand over hand and accidentally smash down a gear.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
This popped up in my buy again section. Something I've had/used since 2019 and is great to hang over the center arm rest towards the back passengers. Doesn't block the vents either. Even has buttons to hold the bags.

Foldable Car Garbage Can ($9.99 + 10% off on Amazon if you check the coupon box)
Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Font Motor vehicle

Reactions: TD Charlie

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
This popped up in my buy again section. Something I've had/used since 2019 and is great to hang over the center arm rest towards the back passengers. Doesn't block the vents either. Even has buttons to hold the bags.

Foldable Car Garbage Can ($9.99 + 10% off on Amazon if you check the coupon box)
View attachment 120870
I got this one for my Sorento

epauto Waterproof Car Trash Can with Lid and Storage Pockets, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYJ2YH...abc_7YH8E8BGY5TZNH22CPXT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
53 Posts
@C-Trink I just noticed your signature says Shark Racing BOV, do you have it already and installed? Really curious how it sounds 😁

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@C-Trink I just noticed your signature says Shark Racing BOV, do you have it already and installed? Really curious how it sounds 😁
I’ll try and get some sounds up. Kind of hard to record the sound of a BOV…

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
  • Haha

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I’ll try and get some sounds up. Kind of hard to record the sound of a BOV…
They actually ship two trumpets with their BOVs. I'll get a sound of each (that's actually easy to change!). Plus I want to hear the other one. I do wish Shark would sell the BOV flange separately so I could choose the BOV. Most BOVs use similar flange sizes. I actually wanted a sequential style, but for the price I paid and the PIA it was to install I'll be sticking with this for a while.

BTW; does anyone have a 1.6T and know what the flange looks like? The first order they shipped me had the wrong flange and I believe it to be a 1.6T flange, but don't have a master to compare it to. Great opportunity for someone with the matching flange size to buy my extra flange and put whatever BOV they want on the end of it. THE WORST PART of them sending me the wrong one, was that I had disassembled the diverter valve from the pipe and only then realized it was the wrong size. This is not a fun install.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
They actually ship two trumpets with their BOVs. I'll get a sound of each (that's actually easy to change!). Plus I want to hear the other one. I do wish Shark would sell the BOV flange separately so I could choose the BOV. Most BOVs use similar flange sizes. I actually wanted a sequential style, but for the price I paid and the PIA it was to install I'll be sticking with this for a while.

BTW; does anyone have a 1.6T and know what the flange looks like? The first order they shipped me had the wrong flange and I believe it to be a 1.6T flange, but don't have a master to compare it to. Great opportunity for someone with the matching flange size to buy my extra flange and put whatever BOV they want on the end of it. THE WORST PART of them sending me the wrong one, was that I had disassembled the diverter valve from the pipe and only then realized it was the wrong size. This is not a fun install.
hmmmm

me, knowing almost nothing about turbochargers but having a 1.6T. I’m tempted. How could i check? I’m wondering if the 1.6T inthe hybrid is a match

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
hmmmm

me, knowing almost nothing about turbochargers but having a 1.6T. I’m tempted. How could i check? I’m wondering if the 1.6T inthe hybrid is a match
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Vehicle brake Rim

Their mistake is on the left. Sorento diverter in the right. You’ll need to disassemble or do some research. If you want measurements I have a set of calipers to get them for you.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts